Congratulations to Jake's cousin Cole & his new bride Traci, legally wedded on Raspberry Island this weekend!! Norelle was obsessed with the bride, even saying “she’s SO beautiful” as Traci walked down the aisle. Nori loves an audience so she was wild at the party, running from room to room instead of letting mom & dad eat their mini-cheeseburgers and salads in martini glasses in peace. You probably already knew this, but NEVER EVER wear a stretchy, strapless dress to a wedding in which are your carting along a toddler.
Other weekend highlights included small group at our house, a visit from Aunt Jill, Uncle Dunkle’s twin bed brought up by Grandpa Steve, lunch outside with Phil & Barb at the Longfellow Grill, workouts, bike rides, Farmer’s Market, porch cleaning, and for the grand finale, Jake made the most delicious ribs I have ever tasted! I love ribs and these were crispy on the outside and tender on the inside. His secret recipe was developed after watching several YouTube videos on rubs and roasting techniques. He hopes to enter the 4th July Rib Cook Off in Winona and win on his maiden entry.
Misc:
A return to reading
Nori is becoming more independent, enjoying pretend play on her own for literally minutes at a time. After 27 months of having her glued to my side, I suddenly find myself with moments of… free time? She is very wrapped up in playing “family” with her little plastic dolls. It’s precious. Anyway, I am about to finish a memoir, Fat Girl by Judith Moore, and start a new one, Me Talk Pretty One Day by David Sedaris. So cultured!
Cute huh? Try to imagine this with puke on it...
Big girl room
The polka dot nursery will be keeping its signature green walls but the dot wall will soon be painted TuTu Pink to match the just-ordered duvet for her big girl bed. I am all set with new pink sheets, a waterproof mattress cover, new pillows, and a cozy down comforter. While we are at the moment without an actual bed frame, I think we may just start with her mattress on the floor until she gets the hang of not falling out of bed.
Eating healthy?
Quite by accident, we have not made cookies/cookie dough, brownies/brownies batter, or had ice cream/fro-yo in 3 whole weeks. But, it’s May sweeps and nothing goes better with an Office finale than dough….
House for Sale
Not ours! My mom, with the help of others, got her duplex totally cleaned out and it should be going on the market today! This was a monster project and they all worked really hard so it’s a huge relief to get this far. We will be having another garage sale at Papa’s over Memorial Day weekend to get rid of still more “treasures”. Feel free to buy the house for more than the asking price! Just imagine what the childhood home of Megan Palbicki could be worth someday...
Abby
Tonight my beloved cousin (I say this in case she makes it big), Abby, is competing against 9 other high school girls from across to the state to win a trip to NY to compete for a full-ride vocal scholarship! I will be there tonight as her understudy just in case she hits a flat note or needs some encouragement that only your first cousin/Godmother can offer. I am so excited and proud of her! BTB, Jake talked to a financial adviser at work who told him that if we want to pay for Nori’s college education in 16 years, we need to be putting away $1,800 A MONTH to keep up with tuition rates. What now? She will make an adorable plumber…


6 comments:
Come on!!! you have to be kidding...who the heck has that kind of money to be stashing away? That plumber idea isn't so bad afterall...besides, she does have a cute little butt! Love, Gramsie
don't forget the waterproof pillow cover as well. That didn't occur to me until someone puked all over it. Pillows just aren't the same after they have been washed in the washing machine.
Was it Andy?
GREAT BOOK Megan... I have read it several times. Absolutely your humor !
Love ya Sweetie
Aunt Wendy
David Sedaris is one of my faves, so please feel free to hit up the BCD library for all his other books when you are done with Me Talk. They go great with pools and for-yo BTW! You will want to borrow them all, trust me. Add to your plan, if there is a Sedaris book I will read it!
Go Abby!
I like the duvet!! So girly and cute!
I already feel like a Winonan!
Go Jake!
Post a Comment