May 09, 2010

Motherload

Happy Mother's Day to one and all! Truly the most demanding but best role ever. Nobody loves you like your momma, remember that. Shout out to my mother, the exquisite Gramsie Holly who worked her butt off this week getting her house ready to sell. Shout outs to Grandma Liz, currently in the midst of bathroom model, and Nana Linda, home from a weekend at MJ's dance recitals. We love you all!

The funny thing about this blog is that I really write it for myself, as a calendar of sorts because I forget so much of what we do. Keep that in mind as I bore you to tears.




Things I did this weekend:

Cleaned and rearranged closets
Jake's second closet was in Nori's room and Nori only closet was in the laundry room. So, on the spur of the moment, I orchestrated a major flip flop giving Nori the bigger closet in her room which now serves as storage for her million stuffed animals and a mini play area. BTB, Jake's first closet is shared with me which houses his work clothes while number two is cas only. For the record, I only have one.

Worked at Commencement
Gotta see my hard hats graduate. This was the first year they robed and hooded advisers so instead of being lowly ushers, we actually got to sit on stage with the Ph.Ds and look official.

Ate Thai
self explanatory, Taste of Thailand

Hiked Minnehaha Falls
On this sunny day we loaded up Nori is the turquoise hiking back-pack, grabbed some extra poop bags for Dorothy and hit the falls. We hiked along the creek while singing Bob Marley, ventured into woods no man has ever seen (except maybe to lay the nice gravel trail), enjoyed the "rain forest", and pretended not to be city slickers. No, I did not bring a latte (I forgot).

Co-cleaned the house
Two makes the job go more than twice as fast as one.

Other stuff (NOS)
everything else


can fool some people sometimes...


get up, stand up

2 comments:

Melissa Ho said...

I think Jake is spending too much time with Percel! Maybe he needs to down size his wardrobe. Happy Mother's Day Megan!

Anonymous said...

Good Mommy! Good Daddy! Looks like you had a great Mother's Day!

Love you!
Anonymous Aunt Jill