May 25, 2010

brain purge

Officially ordered my print photos dating back through December so I can admire the evolution of Jake's beard and hair. I have been coaching him on on how to work with curly hair in humidity with words of wisdom like, "don't EVER touch it!" and "extra Curl Karma" and "stay in the A/C at all times". He has a busy week with tennis and a Twin's game so McBootie and I are on own own in the heat spending lots of time playing with the hose and in the kiddie pool. She is now battling a cold and has a froggy voice but loves her new "beautiful" bed and prefers to sleep in her hot room rather than in the cooler upstairs on the crib mattress. Tomorrow some birth family members, Paul and his brother Jeff, will be stopping by for lunch on their way back from vacation. Thursday night we go to Winona to hold another big garage sale Friday & Saturday with more of Hol & Papa's stuff. I just hope they can make some cash and get rid of more junk. Hopefully, we can squeeze in some fun in between moving heavy boxes and cash transactions. I may have to resurrect my childhood dream of having a lemonade stand to quench the thirsty shoppers. Maybe Papa will wear a bikini to draw in the crowds. Wish us luck.

No comments: