October 13, 2009

Clean sweep

This is an organized mess, ready to purchase

Our meter reader said Hol's basement was "like gold". I beg to differ...

We survived Holly's Garage Sale! I was especially proud of the fact that I sold one gent a pair of wooden clogs from Denmark AND a bird clock. Once he had the clogs in hand, I just knew I could talk him into the bird clock. Sucker! We filled an entire industrial-sized dumpster with junk, got a couch stuck in not one but two hallways, found OJ's missing glove, wore fur coats, took a sun nap on a buffet in the front yard in said fur coats, ate McDonald's, Bloedows, and Tracy's chili, haggled with old people, gave discounts to kids, cursed, laughed, found old treasures, and earned many a sore muscle. What we won't do for family!

Just getting started...

For a good time, call Mick at 507-454-6350

Dumspter Dale lounging on mound of junk.
Respected judge by day, total loser by night.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh no! Did you sell your Prom '95 gown?!? I still have mine, but it wasn't quite as fancy as yours! Now I will have to wear sequins alone. -Katie

...sensible of shoe said...

It's gone! You will now be the only 31-year-old in turquoise sequins!

Anonymous said...

Abby wanted the dress!

Anonymous said...

That's a dress??? I thought it was a halter top.