October 24, 2009

You know it

Leaf Erickson

My sous chef, Norelle, and I cooked up double batches of two soups on Friday, squash and chicken tortilla. It actually is really helpful to have a toddler balancing precariously on the countertop/clinging to me as I try to chop onions and open sharp cans. It makes me a better man. We also had had lunch at Punch (rhymes) with my former coworker, Phil, and his wife, Barb. We got to hear all about how great retired life is and how they make more money retired than working. Old jerks!

Puzzle master

Seems like everyone else is trying to get one last visit in before the passage freezes over and all supplies must be air-dropped. It's long hard winters up in these parts. On Friday, Great Aunt Jill visited and she brought STICKERS! On Saturday, Elle-Beau, Sabro and Sarge stopped for coffee. Guess what? Sarah is engaged to Francisco and is getting married in just two months (her new last name will be Orange Tree ...Naranjo en espanol). Later, Uncle Charlie & Aunt Ellen, who is transferring to Concordia Moorehead, stopped by after a lunch date with Jake at The Nook. Finally, Baby Nova & Baby Anna (and their parents) came over for a fall dinner. What did you do?

Neighborhood watch

We also cleaned, took nature walks, shopped, and got caught up on our DV-R shows (reducing our DV-R queue is like doing fun homework) . BTB, Jake & I are now addicted to apples & carmel sauce. Prior to last week and I had never eaten a whole apple! (For those of you think we never fight, we had a big fight about carmel sauce which involved me storming upstairs and Nori following suit... so loyal. It was not quite as big as the cookie dough/Office fight of 2007 but close!). BTB again, I would to like be buried coated in Byerley's carmel dip. I may actually die sooner due to all the carmel ingestion so maybe I will keel over mid-drizzle and make it easier on everyone.
In other new, Nori is now sporting the front side braid, much like LC and Johanna Duggar.

Dental hygienist

1 comment:

Sabrina said...

I liked seeing you and the fam.