On Monday night I combined my two greatest inadequacies in one outing. Having no sense of direction, I went the opposite way on the wrong street for many miles en route to Abby’s performance at the Hennepin Stages Theater. Thanks to the attendant at BP, I got turned around and made it there just in time. Once there my other non-skill, tone deafness, helped me rate the 12 girls and 8 boys who were competing for a spot to go to New York. The performers were really great and it was super fun to pretend to be Randy Jackson by labeling people as "pitchy" even though I have never hit a note in my life. Abby did a wonderful job singing songs from Urinetown and Cabaret! She did not move on but she is only a junior so she may have shot next year. She is so poised and adorable, I love her!
Last night I hung out in Kelly’s hot tub with the newly engaged Sabrina (marrying a Winonan, I might add) and our buddy, Ellen. Since we rarely get to see each other these days, I hoped that maybe our planned meeting was to have some sort of intervention on me for some devious habit that I am in denial about… but that was not the case. Just dessert, wine, and warm water while discussing Sabs plans for an August wedding outside and favorite blogger, Dom Decker.
My mother’s house is finally on the market. I need talk to this realtor because he totally did not put pictures of the best parts of the house (upstairs duplex with hardwood floors, screened in porch, sun room, huge yard) online, rather he posted a close up of the hot chocolate carpet stain.
Finally, my flowers are planted, polka-dots are primed/painted, and the best weather I have ever experienced continues…
2 comments:
I seriously thought, Ellen has a blog? And i clicked on the link!
You are so slick!
It was so much fun seeing you last night!!!
Thanks for the link! I was a little worried that you had linked to some really unflattering photo of me, but that was perfect. :) It was great to see you!
Post a Comment