Jake is 32 now so we celebrated old people style with an early dinner at Boca Chica and ice cream cones at Izzy's! They have a new flavor called Chimpy Chimp which is banana ice cream with chocolate covered potato chips in it. As Nori would say, "NASTY!" (I taught her this word, Daddy does not approve). Our wild child loves to go out so she was giddy at our celebration. She now knows our real names, yelling " Megan!" or "where's Jake?". The first words out of her mouth this morning were "want play toys!" and "shoes on... go outside?". At 6:02 a.m.
We are planning for our week long trip to Rock Lake! We have never stayed that long before so it requires some forethought in terms of menu, grocery shopping and packing. I will try to keep it simple but with a one-year-old there is just so much to bring along: clothes, food, books, sippy cups, crib, toys, bibs, stroller, life vest, beach toys, blanket, etc.
Imagine my surprise when my brother called to ask what to bring and told me he was going to bring the weed! I was kinda caught off guard...but it's Casey, so I said, "Okay...just don't tell Mom". But, as it turns out, he really said he was going to bring the Wii. As in Nintendo Wii, the video game system.
Anyhoo, Steve, Liz, Ellen & Charlie will be staying in Grandma & Grandpa's log cabin and Jake, Nori, myself and my mom & Casey will be staying the neighboring green cabin, formerly called Eunice's Cabin. My mom & bro are only staying 3 nights so we have a lot fun to cram into a short time.
I vow to jump into the lake every single day, go for many bikes rides and hikes, read at least one whole book, win a game of cribbage, cook and eat lots of yummy food, and enjoy a laid back summer week with the people I love most (minus Britney Spears, she is in Paris on tour).
1 comment:
Your Real Names? Maybe you should teach her your Library Card Alias!!!!
Have a super fun time!!! I won't be there, so really not all your favs will be there. Just so you know.
Post a Comment