We are back out in the world, were we belong! Did you miss us stores, parks, and fellow human beings?
It was a long week at home so our afternoon shopping trip and dinner out were swell. Nori walked the mall yelling "I'm walkin', I'M WALKIN'" so obvi I was not the only one with Laurel Avenue fever. At the park she even walked up to a strange kid and said "I Nori". That's how desperate she was to see a face other than Mom or Dad!
Not that we haven't enjoyed this intense one-on-one family quarantine time. For example, I am very flattered that she has recently taken great notice of my boobs, naming them every chance she gets or even poking them with her foot when I change her diaper. I'm like, "Oh, go on!". Tonight in the tub I asked her where her boobs are and she looked at her chest then said "I don't know". Silly girl.
But really, boob recognition aside, with too much time off I have been feeling too lazy and sluggish. It's a good reminder for me that perhaps my 9-5 is a good thing as I am a person who NEEDS structure... if let to my own devices I will not shower. Or move. Unless it is to get snacks...
I am indubitably excited for tomorrow... the 4th July, day of patriots and flag cakes! I just found out we are going to a place called Cascade Bay which sounds like a totally awesome community pool/water park, complete with a kiddie splash area, water slides, and a lazy river! Nori and her boy toy Liam will drag their parents along for a wet and wild play date. Back in my day, we had to go all the way to Noah's Ark to find a lazy river...
2 comments:
who taught you the word indubitably..
We are going to Eagan too--to the parade! Maybe we will see you there. The H20 park is really awesome. I've never been there--but driven by and thought it would be somewhere I would go! :0) Have a happy 4th enjoying 1st hand your freedom! :0)
Post a Comment