April 25, 2009

Card shower for Uncle Knob!

Okay, I know you don't really know him but would you be a hot babe and send my uncle a funny or encouraging card? He was just diagnosed with pancreatic cancer and is waiting to find an oncologist and learn of his treatment. This is one of the HARDEST parts of the whole ordeal because he has no idea what is store for him and he can only worry. He has a great sense of humor so nothing is too weird for him. Let me tell you a bit about him so you know where to start...

  1. He often sings the following phrase "I'm a neeeaat guuuyyyy!"
  2. He loves beer!
  3. Used to work as a butcher (at Midtown), for many years for Keebler doing snack deliveries and now as a bread deliveryman
  4. He married later in life to his wife, Dana, only 12 or so years ago.
  5. Once ran for city council... and lost!
  6. Used to give us $20 for Christmas. Only catch is it was frozen in ice, or covered in melted wax or drilled into a cement brick and filled in with wax
  7. A Republican!! Every holiday season he sends my Grandma Sylvia (a Democrat) a new photo of herself Photoshopped in with George W. Bush. Oh, then he mails it out to everyone she knows and puts her return address on it!

Mail to:
Richard Palbicki
7264 Joplin Avenue South
Cottage Grove, MN 55016

Thanks hot babes!

7 comments:

Heather of the EO said...

This is THE BEST idea. I'm totally doing it.

Team Deitering said...

Great idea Megan! I wonder if I ever worked with him at Midtown???
Hope you are having a lovely weekend indoors or making the most of the rain!!!! See you in a couple of weeks!

Sabrina said...

Okay! I'm in!

Anonymous said...

GREAT idea, honey. Uncle Knob will really appreciate it and wonder where the heck all these cards are coming from!
Mom

...sensible of shoe said...

Okay, I mailed one, Heather, Jill D, Mom & Sabrina are mailing them, too. Who else? I vote for Tracy, Anon Aunt Jill, Abby, Missy, Wendy and you? Random prize drawing for all who pledge to card Uncle Knob.

Anonymous said...

You can count on me!

Anonymous Auntie Jill

Angie Mac said...

A Hoops & YoYo special is on its way for Uncle K!