April 20, 2009

Call me Meaghan Stein!

I received an odd thank you note today addressed to Meaghan Stein. It was from a woman we interviewed for an advising position in our unit. Actually, I have emailed with her many times about students we have in common so she has surely seen my name spelled the real way. I think it is really funny but I know some people would be insulted and write this person off for the job (not like I would or have that kind of power). My question is: how big of a faux pas is this? What Would Andy Ho Do in the corporate world? Andy?

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

you know Andy Ho well enough...you can probably gander a guess as to what he would say. Will check back in a few days to see what you've come up with...

...sensible of shoe said...

Um, I don't think it would be pretty. It would probably involve having her passport revoked and her children blacklisted from all the good schools. Possibly some verbal abuse over the phone, preferably in an airport.

Anonymous said...

I appreciate your full confidence vote of my a$$hole-edness. However, i actually have a litmus test for these situations. As you know, i have an amazing intolerance for incompetence, but when it comes to laziness, it's like full-blown tissue rejection. So had this person made a careless mistake such as spelling your name "MBT Seltz" or "Megan Schilitterbahn", i would probably have done all that you mention and taken out an ad in most publications to publicize the laziness. However - clearly this gross mistake demonstrates the mental capacity of a feces chucking primate. And i'm not one to condemn the unfortunate. Thanks.

...sensible of shoe said...

OMG, I LOVE primates!