April 25, 2009

New addition and Philosophy 101

Guess what? We have a new addition to our family! It's a boy we named Dyson and he weighs like 15 lbs or so but he failed his APGAR test.

Baby Dyson's first day home

Liam turned 1 and today he had a rocking birthday party. The theme was eating food so we made sure to participate. Pat made a fruit pizza that was delightful...I found out the crust was made of sugar cookie dough. Oh yeah! Kids played, presents we opened, and Tonka drooled.

Seems to like the cake...


Jake is off to Rochester to see his family and work out the details of his grandparents estate planning for their cabin on Rock Lake. Hopefully they will figure it out so Nori and her kids can use it someday (but hopefully not like when she is 16). Her & I are going to party like it's 1993!

Doing the splits!


Do any of us ever have enough time? Enough time to do all we need without putting our own needs last? Or enough time with the people we love? This is something Jake & I struggle with constantly as there are always more people to see, rooms to clean, errands to run than there is cuddle time and sleep time. Some day I hope we can figure out how to balance it all and not constantly be feeling overwhelmed and shortchanged by all the demands in life. Given the recent deaths and illnesses in our families, we are reminded of how precious life is (Nori makes that really easy). We are good at some things, like actually taking those trips we plan but really bad at others, like relaxing or carving out enough us time in between those trips. I wish we could work less and play more!

No comments: