December 10, 2008

Many blessings!

It's a sad time for my family right now as my Grandma Audrey's health continues to decline and she requires around the clock care. It's hard to see someone you love slip away and suffer. Unfortunately, we have had a series of chronic illnesses throughout the past years staring with my Great Grandma Dorothy having a stroke and slowly passing away, then Grandma Barb fighting terminal throat cancer for several years, my mom's lymphoma, hospitalization and resulting disabilities and now my Grandma Audrey's pancreatic cancer and my Papa's Michael's health issues. The cumulative effect is difficult and taking a toll on everyone.

Despite the stress and grief, we have so much to be thankful for. I am really pleased to say I have caught the holiday spirit this year! Having a new baby in the house really helps me get outside myself and look at the world through new eyes. I never knew how much a little one could change my life for the better! I am thankful the simple things I can share with her: picking a tree as family, putting up decorations, baking cookies, shopping, going to church and holiday music. And I am so excited for Kelly's Santa's Workshop party where we can bring gifts to wrap and she will provide all the paper, bows, etc. How awesome is that? Another huge blessing is that we had our house appraised and it actually went up in value (huh?!!) so we can refinance to make this our home for a long, long time. We have jobs, enough food to eat and each other so I give thanks!

God is with us all the time and shows his love in big and small ways every day.

2 comments:

Sabrina said...

Im sorry about your grandma... It is sad no matter what.
But I am happy that you have norelle and how blessed you are. :)

K and/or K said...

Wow, your family certainly has had it's share of health struggles. Hang in there! Your upbeat spirit must bring them all joy!
Looking forward to Sunday! Bring some Nori pictures for me to gawk over!