November 28, 2008

'Tis the season to be jolly and joyous!


It's that time of year again and like everyone, we are trying to be wise about what we buy. I want Nori to connect with the holy significance of Christmas, not the commercial. Have you heard of the Say YES to NO campaign? I really want to be deliberate about not spoiling her with material things but rather with love and experiences. Since she can't read or log on to the Internet yet, I think it is safe for me to share what we plan to gift her with. When shopping for her, we followed this rule: something you want , something you need, something to wear, something to read

So here is what we bought...
want: push & ride toy for walking skills
needs: 18 mo onesies
wear: cream sweater dress
read: art board books I picked up in Seattle

And maybe Santa will drop off something too...I can not help what he does with his polar money. Our family gift was having our photos taken and framed. It is such a joy to be a family as last year at this time it was just a hope with an uncertain timeline!

4 comments:

Melissa Ho said...

I like that. I might follow that when I'm shopping for the girls. Thanks Megan.

K and/or K said...

Love it!
And the "say yes to no" is something I have read up on in the past and really believe in as well!

Sabrina said...

I want: A saturday at Nina's with you and Ms. N
I need: You to call me so we can plan a date.
I wear: Something sabro chic, yet uber comfy.
I read: The paper while i wait for you to arrive.

Heidi said...

I like that idea for gifts. I'm going to share that with others and also tuck it away for when I have kids. Thanks!