November 11, 2008

Speaking of stalkers...


and I was, I can't remember if I ever posted about my stalker? Have I? If not, let me fill you. I'm proud of him.

Sorry if this is redundant but here’s the story…

Dawn (my roommate junior/senior years in college) and I kind of had a stalker. He was a professor at UNI who taught this basic Intro to Computers class we took. He was goofy, addicted the Ghostbusters movie the same way a 7-year-old in 1984 would have been. He liked to use the expression “churn the butter” to refer to how he thought we would dance. Our friend Schmitty was also in the class and we got the Prof to use embarrassing Schmitty pictures when demonstrating the many features of Photoshop. We sensed another opportunity when we talked him into letting the class watch Ghostbusters instead of taking a final. Things started to get really weird when one day he saw me in the lab but I snuck out without saying hi to him. He chased me down the stairs and across campus just to say “hi”. Mainly, he was harmless and provided much entertainment. Somehow he was invited to my graduation party. I distinctly remember him still being there with only my 3 roommates and Jana after all the guests had left. He wrote me a letter later saying how excited he was to come to my wedding. Huh?!! While he pestered Dawn and my other roommates for awhile, he eventually faded away. Oh except for that one time we met him for pizza at the OP.

6 comments:

jodilee0123 said...

Oooohh, I saw Jake was following you and thought he might have a blog--so imagine my disappointment when I clicked on his pic and nothing. . . so sad!

Sabrina said...

im confused. tell me more.

mr. sensible of shoe said...

somehow I became a follower of this blog just like Mohammed. I'm sure the nutty prof is currently in jail for known reasons.

Sabrina said...

Thanks for clearing that up...
I had a stalker once in highschool... it was shortlived. He just really had a big crush on me. But then again, who didn't\doesn't have a crush on me.

Heidi said...

Stalkers who are older than you and who are supposed to be your role models/superiors are hard to handle. You can't just shoo them away like you might someone your own age! I had a supervisor at an internship who was super creepy (and mostly just completely socially awkward and probably on the Autism spectrum, now that I think about it). So I sympathize with your stalker experience!

jodilee0123 said...

Whatever happened to Mohammed? And why is he not stalking this blog anymore?