June 16, 2008
Walkable Urbanism
Why am I such a trend setter? I was the first to like the cute nerd (yeah I'm talking about my husbo) way before Seth Cohen was cool. I searched high & low for a strapless wedding dress before they were en vogue. I wanted to name my baby Olivia back in the 90's and now I have made living in the city cool again. Apparently people have caught on that that the burbs are way overrated with inspiring architecture and chain stores everywhere. One of the main reason we chose to live where we do is because we can walk to restaurants, coffee shop, grocery stores, the library and even a movie theater. Plus, catching the bus saves on gas and parking cost. Luckily a lot of cool people agree and we have fantastic neighbors who take pride in the neighborhood so it is a fun, active community. Wait and see, open adoption is going to be the next big thing. Either that or foot pain...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
strapless dress in 2000? check. totally 100% sold on city living? check. adoption? in the works. foot pain? done that. whadayah got for me now Megan?? huh? bring it on!
so what does that say about me leaving the city for the burbs?
Do you consider Kyle a cute nerd?
Well, I have found that a bike and a bike trailer get us to the places about as quick as your walking--but we most likely won't ride in the winter. We have an SA close that pretty much has anything we may need--cookies, soda, ice cream, milk, frozen pizzas, etc.--does that count? Although, I think we are kind of caught in the middle of urban and suburban since I can catch a bus right by my house (but I wouldn't know where it would take me.) We do use the train. . .
As far as the open adoption--I think you have some really great role models to follow. . . I haven't been all that much of a trend setter in my life--but I will definitely stand up for what I think is worthy!
MEGAN! I saw what you wrote about Marius on Erin's blog!!!!!
how did i forget about Kyle? check. and I'm taking the bus to work starting Monday!
Post a Comment