Literally. The awesome news is that my boss just gave me the approval to work .80 time! This means one much-needed, wonderful day off a week to spend with Norelle and stay caught up on all my mom duties. I might be the only person in the entire country voluntarily cutting back on their income in the wake of doubling gas & food prices and in the same year as adopting and adding daycare expenses...am I nuts? But, she is only a baby once and I need more time to enjoy her (and some for myself, too). Poor Jake says “that’s great, but my week still sucks". I reminded him that there is no sense in both of us being miserable and promised to bake for him to cheer him up.
Send the coupons and hand-me-downs our way, I'll be home on Fridays collecting cans...
June 10, 2008
Going for broke
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
You will never regret doing that--especially now that summer is here! :0) And, uh, we do save our cans and turn them in once a year purchasing a savings bond for Jakob. So far, we've made $50! Woo hoo!! We have a whole garage full of cans waiting to be turned in this year--Craig is watching for a good price. What a nerd! haha! At least you have Friday's off--it would be kind of icky to make you take like Wed. off or something. And, to be honest--you will probably not even really miss the income. Really!
Good for you! Life is too short to be at work, when you can be with that beautiful baby of yours!
Sounds like Jake has a case of the Mondays...
I should give you my diet coke cans...You could probably cut back to 1/2 time.
Sister Mary Parking-Lot did well on the soda cans...
Love, Jill
Post a Comment