April 15, 2008

DList

Inspired by Sabrina and her Quenten Tarantino story...

Back in ‘99 while on Spring Break in Cancun (can you believe I did that?), I met Jerry Springer. Just happened that MTV was doing some show where people had to roll up in a burrito and make out. No, not me & Jerry. They needed some girls to swim, no frolic, around in the water in the background and later tape a short intro with Jerry. So my colleges friends and I (Jana, Dawn, Kim, Angela, and Andrea) filled in. It was not the funny Dancing with the Stars Springer we met but the more pervy talk show version. Did I mention I was 21 and a total fox back then so I didn't want him to get the wrong idea. I won’t even write what he said because my grandma reads this blog. Okay, my grandma does not have the internet but Nori's grandmas do. I have also met Roy Rogers and Donny Osmond and had photos with all three.

Can you top that?

17 comments:

jodilee0123 said...

It's almost like Girls Gone Wild! I had to tell some of the Timberwolves players to not turn the TV channels when they were working out at Northwest--only because the old ladies wanted to watch CNN. I've served Kirby Pucket at the bowling alley, (He was mean to the kids by the way), and numerous Vikings players while working at the Tom Thumb a way long time ago in EP. Prince rented out the bowling alley once. . . but I wasn't working--bummer. I swear I saw Jonny Depp running around Lake Calhoun--around 1994 or so--but that would be too good to be true. I most likely wouldn't even know it if I was sitting next to a celebrity now. . .unless it was DJ Lance from Yo Gabba Gabba--or Joe from Blues Clues! haha

Seltzchuck05 said...

and you say i have too much fun, MISS I GO TO CANCUN, tha party capital of the world.haha

Sabrina said...

Hey! That's my line! Foxy!
However, imagine if you and I at 21 and total babes met Jerry & Quentin at the same time, same place... What would THAT movie be like?

K and/or K said...

my life needs a celeb story! sabrina must take me as her wedding guest! the best i can do is pathetic. shopping at niemans in beverly hills for shoes next to victoria principal. zzzzzz........

kyle had charlton heston pee in his bathroom when he lived with his rents ...with the door open.

which story is more depressing?
we need some drama!tomkat where are you?

Anonymous said...

Seriously? I think I saw some of those burrito shows! Do you have your segment on tape?

I've met so many celebrities, especially during my 18 years in star-studded South Dakota, that I couldn't even begin to count. Plus I don't want to make you guys feel pathetic and uncool, so I won't name names....

Jilly said...

I had a beer with Hubert Humphrey!

Sabrina said...

Has Jake the Snake forgotten your blog link again? He is pretty silent these days! No Chili Lime Almonds for him!

Anonymous said...

I'm Jake. Ellen is my nom de plume. Mark Twain was already taken. (I've met Mark Twain, by the way.)

Anonymous said...

I'm Nori's Grandma and the proud mother of the sweet, church going, bible reading, professor of knowing it all when it comes to slamming people good,old sos, and I can still top her... I shook hands with THE KING- ELVIS himself, have met several Twins players (Joe Mauer, Tony O, Bert B.--Joe Mauer was a student of my cousin, so we got preferential treatment, and another cousin is P.Klinger who gets us time to meet and talk to players away from the crowds) AND got all kinds of letters, posters, autographed stuff from the all time best first base player for the twins.... old what's his name...he's gone now, but chemo brain is blocking him out, so forgive me, but you KNOW it's true!!! Oh yes you do!!! (Doug Mientkiewicz) I won't throw around any other names (but there are a few more) so I don't act like a name dropper or a mother who embarasses her kid. I love you anyhow.

Anonymous said...

I'm almost positive that I once saw Snoop Dogg in the Midway Cub Foods buying a frig pack of diet coke.

mr. sensible of shoe said...

Don't forget Shayne and Rachel from "Maui Fever" in the Kahului airport.

Heather of the EO said...

I've come up with no memories of meeting anyone famous. Unless you count a bazillion Christian musicians... but I think that's more like the J list. Get it? J...
Anyway, Ryan-the husband, has met one semi-famous person and he said he would sell me his story. I paid him two dollars and so now I can share...ready?
He met the "bad" kid from "Karate Kid" If anyone wants to know the details of this meeting, it'll cost you.

Sabrina said...

I HEART THE "BAD KID" FROM THE KARATE KID!!! Sweep the Leg Johnny!!!! He was a huge crush of mine! YUM!

Anonymous said...

I love Johnny too!!! He was HOT. Does anyone know if he is available??

K and/or K said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
K and/or K said...

While waiting for a friend at WCCO, I spoke with Faith Ford (Murphy Brown, Hope & Faith) for 10 minutes. She inquired about that peculiar local coffee brand I was drinking, Caribou, and went to get one on my recommendation. Also, when I worked at an unnamed Twin City hospital, I saw Prince come at midnight to see his newborn baby (I hope I don't get fired for this). Ky

Sabrina said...

What comment did you delete? was it nasty?