December 28, 2007

I vlach!

I stole an idea from another blog about whipping up a meal with only the random ( in my case spoiled) ingredients you have in your house. Jake was starving but since we are saving our pennies for the adoption, I decided to just create something. I forgot to take a photo but use your imag...

Tilipia Parmigiana over penne with Alfredo & Prego tomato sauce
  • 2 cups penne
  • 1/2 cup Alfredo sauce from jar in fridge, don't mind smell
  • 1/2 Prego in jar, scrape off mold
  • 4 small tilapia fillets ( mine were frozen)
  • 1 cup bread crumbs
  • 1 egg
  • 3/4 cup Romano cheese, fresh grated
  • 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese, fresh grated
  • Olive Oil
  • Green Onions
  • Garlic
  • stale hamburger buns make great garlic bread


Saute chopped green onions and clove of garlic in olive oil. Dip fish in egg and then coat in bread crumbs, cheese and salt & pepper. Pan sear in oil. Boil penne for 12 minutes, boil sauces to kill mold spores, bake garlic toast. Dump penne on plates, add both sauces, top with fish and sprinkle with cheese. Or, something along those lines.

2 comments:

Sabrina said...

Hey I know those Vlachs! They are Hotpockets! (my new word for crazy)... Funny fun fun!

K and/or K said...

I couldn't have done it better myself! You do vlach!