December 10, 2007

Taboo


Ah, another fun weekend is dunzo. I took Friday off which gave me time to visit with Missy & Lo, clean my house and take a nap with my husbo. Saturday night we met some of the Winona crew at Chatterbox for dinner and came back to my house for games & cheesecake. We played Taboo, which always leads to interesting associations. Sunday, I did my bodysculpt class, got our neighbor Jean to take our Christmas photos in exchange for "punkin" bars and also had coffee with Sarah at Nina's Cafe. Quite the full weekend! I also managed to call my mom about a dozen time to just sigh into the phone and annoy her. What more could I ask for?

Palbicki's Punkin Bars
  • 4 eggs
  • 1 2/3 cups white sugar
  • 1 cup vegetable oil
  • 1 (15 ounce) can pumpkin puree
  • 2 cups all-purpose flour
  • 2 teaspoons baking powder
  • 1 teaspoon baking soda
  • 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
  • 1 teaspoon salt

  • 1 (3 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
  • 1/2 cup butter, softened
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
  • 2 cups sifted confectioners' sugar
  1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
  2. In a medium bowl, mix the eggs, sugar, oil, and pumpkin with an electric mixer until light and fluffy. Sift together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon and salt. Stir into the pumpkin mixture until thoroughly combined.
  3. Spread the batter evenly into an ungreased 10x15 inch jellyroll pan. Bake for 25 to 30 minutes in preheated oven. Cool before frosting.
  4. To make the frosting, cream together the cream cheese and butter. Stir in vanilla. Add confectioners' sugar a little at a time, beating until mixture is smooth. Spread evenly on top of the cooled bars. Cut into squares.

1 comment:

Sabrina said...

Are these the bars you made for the gold party! The ones that melt in your mouth and are as light as air? I'm in love, and I don't care who knows!