December 03, 2007

Tree for two


Our is tree up, our house decorated into a glimmering sparkle of holiday bliss and most presents bought and wrapped. I like to think I have a slight creative flare passed on by generations of florists. My Great-Grandma Dorothy, Grandma Barb, Mom Holly and Aunt Jill all were florists. I would be more flashy were I not such a cheap skate.

Anywhoo, I grew up with my mom decorating her shop every year for the season. My favorite design was what I called the" Eualalie Mackecknie Shinn (the mayors' wife) Tree" which featured metallic purple & magenta decor and lovely peacock feather accents. My moms loves her some peacock feathers ( for those of you not intimate with the Music Man, y0u have no idea what this means but truly... you are missing out. "I have a bunion in my foot that bothers me! " Best quote ever). Anyway, the EMC has now made a minor comeback at Heart's Desire in Winona as my mom brought her back, feathers and all!! Damn, I need a photo of her before she molts.

2 comments:

Sabrina said...

Get a picture of that damn tree! It sounds like christmas heaven! I like your tree with jake.. the tree and jake both need more color! :) you are a vision in magenta\pink!

Anonymous said...

ohmigosh--megan's blog lives!! it's a christmas miracle!