December 17, 2007

I have a stoney heart

Lars and the Real Girl

Okay, I saw it (crickets chirp)...

Maybe it's one too many psychology classes but Lars is straight up looney tunes. I feel like a jerk for not loving the movie. I don't think Lars is just going to get over his delusion and live happily ever after with Margot. Jake loved the movie ( he cried four times...I can write that because he believes no one reads my blog) but I just did not connect with it. It was too much and a little slow. Maybe I need to see it again? I miss my Ryan Gosling of the Notebook.

6 comments:

Sabrina said...

MEGAN!!! Didn't you love the scenes with Bianca, and how people reacted to her? I think you over anylized it a bit... I loved how painfully shy Lars was...
to each his own, but for this I will have to SHUN you tonight!

...sensible of shoe said...

There is no DSM-IV diagnosis for shy. However, there are plenty others Lars may have. Thanks goodness I am here to recognize pathology and treat accordingly. Sabro, you can't shun me. Unshun, please?

Sabrina said...

UN SHUN: hmmmm... well you are letting me use your fancy crockpot, and you are pretty great 83% of the time. SO from this moment forward you are officially UN SHUNED. (but consider yourself warned!)

...sensible of shoe said...

Jake here... I think Megan was actually jealous of Bianca and all the attention she received. Stop over-analyzing!!

Sometimes I get teary-eyed when I least expect. Failed adoption, no tears. But when a little kid gets surprised with a puppy for Xmas in a TV commercial, get the kleenex! I don't get myself.

Sabrina said...

Megan was just jealous of Bianca!

Hey Jake, Here's a little tune for you: It's alright to cry, crying gets the sad out of you, its alright to cry, it might make you feel better!
~free to be you and me

...sensible of shoe said...

My parts don't need an electric blanket to stay warm.