September 23, 2012

halvsies

everything is all mine!

As the forever youthful Kris Jenner said in regards to kids, "one is like one. two is like twenty". Her wisdom rings true this week as Nori is at the cabin and Henny is enjoying only kid status. It's a  flashback to three years ago when we just had baby Nori.   It's different. Whenever Jake is gone, Nori says we are a "half family" so with her gone we also feel like a half family. But I know she is going balls to the walls at Rock Lake, so it's good for her get alone time with G &G. Hen is enjoying the spotlight keeping us entertained with dancing, laughs, and lots of new words.

We had a dishwasher flood again this week, so we finally kicked it to the curb and a got a new one, a Bosch (which I hope stands for Boss Wash). Steve & Liz closed on their new house in Saint Paul and babysat so Jake & I could go on a date. I really missed him while he was gone and now I am making him pay by smothering him with attention. Jake won a gift basket at work with gift cards so we are wasting no time using them. We dined on pasta and unlimited red wine at D'Amico's before desserting at Cafe Latte where I went on a cocktail-induced hunt for some lady's lost wedding ring. Guess who found it after crawling on the floor and  pushing back tables to search hidden crevasses?  If I only took that much initiative looking for my lost cell. Or with anything in my life. We also got to sleep in the next day so you can already tell this was a great weekend, so I'll just stop there.

Congrats to Missy who completed her first half marathon and raised money for clean water in Africa!

foosie, do not touch these when I am gone!

made with love for our international dad

pajama mafia

she ties herself up to my bedpost

HC "helped" me with my closet re-org

25 shots and not a single smile


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I wouldn't smile either if I had to wear horizontal stripes on my legs!

Love,

Anonymous Aunt Jill