| we barely had room for the dead body we brought up to bury |
Hello from vacation! The weather is here, wish you were beautiful. It's been in the 80's and sunny every day which never happens! I am such a B I had to leave the entire family during breakfast to come in to the metropolis that is Pillager to walk the high school track and download photos. If you are wondering why I don't just walk near the lake, clearly you have never been dived bombed by horseflies who are working in tandem with mosquitoes to distract you so the mosquitos can devour your ankles. Also, I think you know how I feel about eating big breakfasts...I can not eat like that and keep my dainty frame. I am at the Shanty drinking blueberry pomegranate iced tea, but am having trouble concentrating because the radio is on loud so do forgive if me I can not stay focused.
Everyone is here except Jaimie who had to stay and work on the farm this week but Charlie brought his new girlfriend, Sam, who Nori described as "so adorable". We have been eating, reading, playing, swimming, boating, camp fire-ing, crafting, scratching, crying, running, biking, and sleeping. I mean not all of us have done all of those things, but at least one of us has done at least one of those things. Or possibly more than one. We celebrated Jake's birthday after I smuggled a DQ ice cream tennis cake up on dry ice and then we celebrated Liz's birthday with cupcakes the next day So far we have made cheeseburgers, pulled pork sandwiches with spicey slaw, stuffed shells, and tonight fish tacos. How was your ham sammy? Anyway, I am tan as never which is good for my skin but bad for picking up guys which is actually good for my marriage so it's really all good. Nori & Hen love the water and swim their cute little butts off! It's so cool they can grow up having awesome trips like this with their family! I meant it's not all awesome, like when I blew up at my mom when she arrived with 10 bags of groceries to make two breakfasts but maybe that is my issue. Whenever I get those bad feelings, I just tell myself "Megan, your issues are bothering you, don't freak. They are just your issues and they will go away". Sometimes it works better than others. Also, the bugs and the waking up at 5:30 with the kids is hard, but slamming the frozen daiquiris and jumping in the lake part makes up for it (geez don't freak, I am fine and always wear a flotation device.) So in summary, it's wonderful expect when I spaz but then I recover and it's better. Also, we made a video, more of documentary really with commentary on the cabin fashion scene.
Cabin Couture 2012 from Megan Seltz on Vimeo.
p.s. I think I would blog more if I wasn't such such a bad typer and even badder at English
| the green cabin, home of the world's rustiest water |
| collecting snails |
| tap dancing on the S.S. Jalopy |
| kayaking with Grandma |
| 35 |
| birthday bike ride with papparazi |
| Jake - double amputee |
| Charlie- traditional dive |
| Casey - aquatic headstand |
| Ellen - single amputee |
| Megan -modified split |
| Happy Hour, notice Nori's beers |
| Hol after 10 hour canoe trip |
| Notice the initials on the hat? |
| The Seltzbickis |
| blinded by the light |
| yes, that vision in tie-dye is drinking her first beer ever |
1 comment:
Yay for vacation!! Looks like you guys are having a blast! I loved the Cabin Couture video...hahaha!!! 2nd favorite is the pic of Henny with the blonde curly Q.
Enjoy your time off!
Nicole
Post a Comment