Oh brother, what a day! Jake is in Miami (a.k.a ."Yourami?" or "Daddy'sami?") so my mom came to visit and help out. In case I haven't mentioned it in a awhile, raising two kids is demanding. Well, the baby is easy while the 4-year-old requires all the work. Nori is still struggling with some jealousy issues... while she is often loving to her baby sister, she is also constantly taking away her toys, pushing her out of the way, or otherwise trying to steal the show. Today she told Henny, "please focus on your own toys" before ripping a baby toy out of Hen's hand. Nori gets more love and attention than ever so that's not it. I feel like I am missing some of Henley sweet babyhood constantly refereeing and protecting her from elbows to the face. This will pass. Only two weeks until Nori starts preschool 3 days a week which I really think will help give her a new outlet to focus her energy on and then Henley can finally play with the cat piano for more than 10 seconds. Meow. Purrrr.
You don't know this but I making progress toward my goal!! What is my goal? Well, it's kinda pathetic but all winter I have been trying to rehab my back so that this spring & summer I can ride my bike pulling the girls in the bike trailer. Sad, huh? I graduated from PT (actually, I just stopped going after 10 faithful weeks) and am doing all my back and core exercises, plus riding the bike at the Y to build my muscles and avoid a new injury. I have hip/back achiness after workouts and still have pain some days, but no worse than when I do nothing so hopefully I will be ready to ride & pull in time for the nice weather.
2 comments:
Look at all those teeth on Hen! E just had one pop up the other day!!! I just read about 10 new blog posts of yours so I don't remember what I am commenting on... but I'm sure your hair looked awesome strait! And I too still have hip issues due to the pregnancy. Will it ever go away????
And now I want some oreos. Thanks a lot.
Chompers on Baby Girl...Love it !!!!
Auntie Wendy
Post a Comment