March 03, 2012

Mexico

Seltz Family - Mexico, 2012

What a fun family trip! I was prepared for a less than relaxing adventure with two little girls, but that was not the case. The girls were angels most of the time if we ignore the fact that Nori woke for the day everyday well before dawn (thank goodness for cartoons). We had a blast playing in the pool, dancing at restaurants, and just being on vacation. It's not often we get to spend so many days together non-stop. Jake & I really loved seeing them so happy! Major thanks to Grandma Liz & Grandpa Steve (who actually packed 6 shirts) whose help made this trip possible. They took turns with us waking before sunrise, preparing meals, staying in during nap time, and swimming with kids in the pool which gave Jake & I some down time to read, walk the beach, have a date, and catch up on sleep. Also, thank you to Ellen for watching my dog & house, eating our leftover bagels, cleaning my bathrooms, and picking us up from the airport. I feel very lucky to have so much love in my life.

Ready for all the juicy details? We did a whole lot of nothing. Jake & I only left the resort twice, once for groceries at Wal-Mart (I know) and once when we took the troops on the bus to Jimmy Buffet's Margaritaville for SUPER LOUD music and balloon hats. We have been to Cancun many times before so we did not feel any pressure to see the sights, rather just keep the kids on schedule and have fun. It was sunny and in the 80's everyday! Nori met friends at the pool like Brayden, Hannah, Bella, Catherine (a.k.a. Daphne) who she played with daily. Play dates with tequila! Just kidding, I rarely drink but I did enjoy the non-alcoholic pool beverages like Banana Monkeys and Strawberry freezies. Nori liked sharing my drinks because they did not contain "poison" like Dadddy's. She also painted a My Little Pony T-shirt in the activity center and a piece of ceramics for Gramsie. Hen was one of the gang attempting to swim and eat like the big peeps. The resort was not all-inclusive, but it had good food like fish tacos at Paco's Tacos and yummy fajitas at La Palapa. Steve snorkeled in the pool, Liz's infected toe hurt so she tried keep sand out of it, Jake got sunburned, Henley ate everything she could get her hands on, Nori clogged the toilet, and I sat around like a lazy bum. I did read two books on my Kindle Fire bringing my grand total of books read in 2012 to four (The Immoral Life of Henrieta Lacks, Girl with the Dragon Tattoo, Bossypants, and Unbroken). We bribed Nori every chance we got to get to sleep, eat, and obey so she came home with two new Beanies Boos and in return we got an extra 10 minutes of sleep. Success!

Baby's 1st plane ride

hermanas

"Where's the guac?"

another beach day

la vida loca, in bed by 8:00

baby beach feet

lifeguard in training

cheeseburgers in paradise

grandparents rock

tropical tans

beach babe

jumping waves with Daddy

our live in chef makes chorizo and eggs

pedis

Nori & Grandpa discuss politics in the pool

Henny tries to drink the water

shade seekers

not a fan of the sand

sunset on the lagoon

vow renewal ceremony

flotation advocate

this baby can eat!

Us

Super Sisters' last night on the ocean

Dora pajamas return to the homeland

good night sun, we will be up before you!




3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Looks like you had a great trip! I'm glad it was relaxing! -Katie

Anonymous said...

Thank you so much for sharing your vacation with us! I loved looking at your beautiful family - makes my miss my babies..... but it is so fun to see it with you guys and "feel the love" ...... wow - that was sappy!

Love you

Tracy

Anonymous said...

LOVE..LOVE...LOVE THIS !

Auntie Wendy