Oh weekend, why must you end so soon? I need one more day! At least it was productive, for once! Despite us all being sick, I got most of the baby clothes washed & organized as well as Nori's summer clothes, too. I put away all my sweaters which are too small anyway and now just have a closet of spring/summer Big Mamma Jamma clothes. I am in the middle of nanny interviews as we are hoping to hire one after my maternity leave in the fall. Thanks to a little website called Care.com, I now understand the plight of online daters everywhere.
While Jake & Nori spent Saturday with Grandma Rosie and Grandpa Dick in Austin eating pancakes and counting Grandma's stuffed bunnies (127), I went to Jana's baby shower in Nora Springs, Iowa and met Baby Adira. They are both doing really well, even though all Adira does is nurse! Jana, of course, is back into her regular jeans. How does she do it? It was great to take a road trip and see all our peeps along the way, wish we could have stayed longer!
BTB, my beloved daughter never stops talking. She is always saying something insightful like "Mama! Mama! Mama! Why do prop-po-pellers move up and down?" or "Mama! Dada! Mama! Dada! When birds eat the seeds they poop them out and a rose grows" or "Can I have... um...can I have... a....a.....a....a......a.....fro yo?". Now that I know her verbal and intellectual skills are just fine, I think maybe I talked to her too much as a baby. The next one is getting the silent treatment.
Today we belatedly celebrated Funcle Charlie's birthday at the Twin's game. The weather was lovely! The guys sampled the Polish sausages and despite the disappearance of the Dippin' Dots stand, Nori was placated by soft-serve ice cream in a souvenir Twins hat. She loved the game and the crowd, cheering and dancing the whole way through. She had her own seat but preferred to be on her feet pumping her fists to who knows what. A true Seltz. Only 49 more days until my due date, coincidentally the same day Bert is inducted into the Hall of Fame. Wonder which one Grandpa Steve is more excited for?
5 comments:
Where are all the people? I thought all the seats would be filled! You look FAB!
wow- what a low blow! they will both be memorable events, but Baby Honey far outweighs Bert and HOF. GS
What if you had free tickets to the ceremony and VIP dinner with Dick & Bert?
Megan... You Look SOOOO Beautiful !
Love...Auntie Wendy
awwwww. I love the Mauer shirt! Abbs & Jake are wearing those almost every other day! so cute!
Sarah
P.S. love the pregnancy pics!
Post a Comment