March 17, 2011

Grandma saves the day!

Thank you to Grandma Liz who drove to town to save my feeble career by babysitting Norelle on Wednesday and Thursday! On Wednesday they took a nice walk to the library and Liz even babysat her in the evening so I could meet up with my Winona girlfriends (Erin, Ann, Jill, Katie, Kristi, Chelsy, Susie and honorary Winonan, Penelope Faye) to catch up on life. I didn't even get home until 11:00 p.m. On a school night! Why do we always forget to take photos? In honor of St. Patricks' Day, Grandma Liz & Nori visited to the Children's Museum where they drank green beer (only 3:2) and blew bubbles. Jake returned home cooler than ever from a week on trendy South Beach. Is it weird that he is now tanned and waxed?

Note: I am in LOVE with the smell of my car's A/C. No matter the temp outside, I crank it up and sniff away like crazy. I can not get enough of it! I even think it about how great it smells and write about it on my blog. I also love that musty basement smell, specifically the aroma of the Pirates of the Caribbean ride at Disney. I would kill for some of that smell right now!

Not only did Jana have Baby Adira yesterday, but our other friends Brad & Sarah also had a baby girl, Cora Violet! What a great day to squeeze one out! I made up a draft of my birth plan online, however I am supposed to call it my "Birth Preferences" or as I entitled it, "Getting The Baby Out My Way". It's pretty flexible, my main request being that someone go get me fresh sushi immediately following delivery. I am overdue for a spicy tuna roll.

After talking to lots of people about their birth experiences, I am realizing how different each one is (even first births) in terms of time and pain. Some women take hours and hours to dilate halfway and others can barely get to the hospital in time. Seems like if labor progressing quickly enough, maybe I can cope/suffer through the contractions. If it is long and slow with the "worst pain of my life times infinity", some comfort measures may need to be taken. Keeping my options and pelvis wide open...

4 comments:

Tim & Sabrina said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Sabrina said...

(Just ignore the Tim & Sabrina comment, I don't want to be logged in as TC!)

Everyone tells me that your birth plan goes out the window when you get to the hospital.
Mine basically says, if i poop while delivering... don't tell me

jodilee0123 said...

Sabrina! haha! You are too funny! I think we all need to catch up. With all these babies coming I'm wondering if I should start preparing for one too.

Anonymous said...

Megan I know and love that smell! Your Mom's old red station wagon had it and I can bring it to mind to this day! On the same line of that smell is: when rain first starts to fall and the dust settles on the pavement...It makes me want to lick the sidewalk. Dale NEVER walks next to me...always behind or ahead of me...

Love,
Anonymous Aunt Jill