March 27, 2011

Just doing my thing...

Dorothy is now a toy/horse/pillow...only took 3 years for them to play together.

I was at Target the other day heard someone ask someone else, "How are you?". And the other person replied, "Just doing my thing". I thought to myself, that is so cool, that is how I am going to respond to that question from now on!! Except, I can't! I have tried, but I get too embarrassed. So now I dare you the next time time someone says "How are you?" to respond" Just doing my thing". It will be awesome!


Nori's new favorite game is called, "Play Egg!" alternatively titled, "Neeeesst" which she says in a meek little baby bird voice. She loves to curl up in my lap as her nest and cover herself with her blankie pretending to hatch. Sometimes her pleading to "Play Egg" sounds more like "Plague", but it's still cute. I taught her to love regurgitated worms and how to fluff her feathers. I am happy she is still such a cuddle-bug. She got a Boon stuffed animal bag which basically turns into a bean bag chair when filled with stuffies. Only problem is she prefers to dump most of the animals out and crawl in it herself. The bedrooms in our house are tiny so we are all about saving space and multi-purposing. Likewise, my underwear and socks are so fun to drag out and make wonderful dress-up props as wells as a comfy dog bed. No need to buy the real thing when mom's already got it covered! FYI, stacking bath towels can make a great stepstool to reach out-of-the-way objects.

Fixing Dora with Handy Manny's screwdriver, Turner, while dressed as Princess Aurora.

I swear she doesn't watch much television but it only takes one show a day and movie here and there to foster a love for all things kids. Add in Dora sticker books, princess storybooks, Disney soundtracks, Nemo underpants, and hand-me down character toys and we have full-fledged commercialized childhood up in here. Anyone for a corn husk doll?


Imagine those puppies half a foot higher ^ ^

Gramsie Hol rolled into town this week to help babysit and go dress shopping for Casey's wedding. We found her something fabulous at Macy's that fits her shape and had a custom bra fitting which gave the girls an extra 8 inches of elevation. Now she just needs a silver shrug, shoes, and jewelry. The summer calendar is already filling up with baseball games, a concert, a lake trip, and wedding festivities. I am so excited to be on maternity leave, I hope I can juggle it all!

Beware the thorn

Performing on stage at a dress shop for ALL to hear

notice the zombies in the background?

Today we cashed in Nori's birthday present with Papa & Nana...a trip to the new Sea Life Aquarium at the Mall of America. We saw jellyfish, sea turtles, stingrays, and sharks! We even broke the rules by giving our wristbands to some lucky souls who hopefully got in for free.

Cousins learn about the deep sea

Taking in the sharks with Papa

Completing the underwater theme with lunch at Bubba Gump!

1 comment:

bluecollardaughter said...

Roo "took" me to the Sea Life Aquarium for my bday (it's free on your bday!) this year and I was freaked out by the spooky jellyfish trail. Is it just me, or do they look like jars of floating embryonic aliens?