Upon returning home from a tropical vacation it is only natural that your perceptive three-year-old, who by all accounts was an angel while you were gone, may have some behavioral issues readjusting to real life. It's called payback. While we have been processing the emotions of us being apart for a week, she gives no overt signs of feeling sad that we left her, saying things to us like, "it broke your heart when I was gone in Winona, but now I came back!". Or vice versa? She is a self-proclaimed "feisty little shyster" as tantrums and yelling have peaked this week. So, as we regain consistency and structure in our daily routine, I am being extra loving and patient. A moment for the highlight reel included her demanding "ten Smarties!!" in tantrum instead of the typical one Smartie for going tink on the potty. Oh, child. Honey McBear's (yes, we will have a Tootie McBootie and a Honey McBear, get over it) bedroom was painted today! Colors? Raspberry and pale blue/turquoise! It was painted by a Santa Claus impersonator who was a Catholic, then a Lutheran, but now attends the Free Evangelical church and goes to weekly bible study. He also happens to have a girlfriend, but don't worry, there is no "hanky panky" because he wants to get her know first (unlike his last wife who started drinking like a fish two years into their marriage, sloppy drunk in the middle of the day)! BTB, he has two dogs, a yellow lab and black lab/pittbull mix. Luckily, the pittbull has never bitten anyone. Santa was recommended to me by Missy whom he says is a "social butterfly" and he is also currently working on my other friend "Angel's" house. Angel who?
3 comments:
Maybe he just considers me an angel for listening to his stories about dead family members and spoiled ex-wives from Edina.
Ok, so I understand he is annoying at times (most of the time) but he is cheap and does a good job.
I just need to say I am so disappointed Governor Dayton named his new puppy "Wanamingo." Now you can't name Honey that!
Post a Comment