August 07, 2010

shabby chic

Creeping charlie! Not my BIL, rather the weed. In case you are wondering, the creeping charlie has overtaken the dandelions in the Battle for the Backyard 10. In other news, out laptop has malfunctioned and gone away for repair so I am back on the clunky old desktop that I was just about to get rid of. My fortune cookie: "it is wise to keep old memories and have young hope". What do you think this means for me?

On Friday we had three babysitters for the price of zero, plus free lunch when aunts Jill, Wendy & Tracy came over for an hour and then took us out to Billy's! Can't beat that! They practiced marching with Nori, something they used to do with me back when I was sweeter. She is very excited about planning her birthday party, she wants to go sledding and have cake, hence dressing up in her winter gear.



Did I mention that the big girl bed has not worked out so well? So now, in addition to the bed, we have Norelle's pack 'n play in her room for sleeping. She has figured out how to rock it and move it around the room, allowing her to empty her dresser drawers and try on clothes during naptime, all without ever getting out of the crib. Joy.



Our friend Liam, with whom Nori has an arranged marriage, came over to play Play-Doh and safari, allowing Angie and I to work on the seating chart for their big day. Don't freak, I insist she goes to college before we force her to marry anyone.



A happy, Sabrina-filled weekend! On Friday, we celebrated at her bachelorette party and Sunday was the big wedding at Gale Woods Farm! It was a shabby chic affair down to the last detail with garden flowers, doily's, vintage table linens, tea cups, a photo booth, candy bar and much more. You would never know they had such a short engagement as the wedding was perfectly Sabro. Many happy years to Mr. & Mrs. Singer-Towns!






5 comments:

jodilee0123 said...

Doesn't Jada look all perfectly mannerized. . . . I will have to get my photos posted! Nori looks all adoring and ready for a new baby in the house! :0) And yes, that was such and awesomely beautiful wedding!! I wish we could have held out for some dancing. . . the kids would have loved it!

jodilee0123 said...

I forgot to mention that the picture of Sabrina and Timothy is so perfect! Good shot! You can go pro for sure!

bluecollardaughter said...

Cuuute pictures! I can't advise you on your fortune cookie, since I am still wringing my hands with worry over my own from last week: "You are almost there" (where? death? homelessness?).
Do you think I have an anxiety disorder?

Sabrina said...

You guys looked so cute walking around! Thanks for coming to the wedding and sweating 5 lbs!

Angie Mac said...

College schmollege. It's time for grandkids!