August 28, 2010

No Fair!

Hi Nosey! Here you are again. How's your mother? Oh, mine too. Yeah, trying something new with the photos, bear with me. You know, I have been meaning to send you that recipe. No, but you can substitute olive oil. Sure, I would love to come over for supper...thanks for asking!

Speaking of food, our grocery bill is off the charts! We are buying about 75% organic and truly eating healthier than ever with more nutritious whole grains, fresh fruits & veggies, lean meats, and fewer processed food, but the price is almost prohibitive. I feel guilty, maybe I should be shopping all the sale hormone/pesticide foods using the savings to build a spa for the homeless? Unfortunately, my aversion to cancerous tumors and man-boobs dissuade me from this generous notion. We have kicked our brownie and cookie dough habit entirely, although Ben & Jerry's Fro-Yo makes a regular appearance in the dessert spot.


Confession. Norelle is in a no-nap, wake-up at the crack of dawn phase. Please let it be a phase. This means I have justifiably started drinking coffee again after a two month exhibition in will-power. This time, I will not use gallons of Coffee-Mate rather a reasonable amount of organic half & half or milk in order to not gain back those pesky pounds of lard on my saddle bags. Wish me luck.

On Friday afternoon in an attempt to enjoy the last of summer, Jake & I took Nori to Cascade Bay where we floated down the lazy river, dunked in the deep water, and enjoyed the splash area for toddlers. I wish they allowed kids to go down the waterslides on your lap...


On Saturday we celebrated Makenna's 2nd birthday with a Minnie Mouse themed part-tay in Mendota Heights! Andy Ho even came out of hiding to reunite with us over brats and mac & cheese. It is so awesome to celebrate her little life! It was just a family affair with us & McIntyres. There are discussions about a Mexico trip with all three families & kids so let's hope that pans outs, even if involves matching tattoos. After the party, Grandma Liz & Grandpa Steve and Ellen came over after moving Ellen in to her new place and treated us to dinner at Brasa. Thanks guys! Ellen has big plans to have her 21st party at Brasa followed by a wild night on the Pedal Pub!!!

Today we Bloom'ed, grocery shopped, laundered, and planned for our next adventure: a trip to the family cabin on Rock Lake with the illustrious Gramise Hol. Hoping for warm weather and no bugs!

3 comments:

Angie Mac said...

It makes me happy that the cupcakes are the centerpiece of this collage. Glad you know what the most important part of the day was!

Sabrina said...

Organic is the way! Don't worry about the bill... it's worth it! :)

Anonymous said...

YEAH...Blame your coffee/crack addiction on the kid ! What is my excuse? Love Ya,,, Wendy