August 16, 2010

no wipe weekend

As my friend Angela B-S would say, here's another entry in my "blah blah blog". Guess who had 3 childless nights alone with her husband? No, guess again. Nevermind, it was me! Norelle went to Winona on Thursday night for a non-stop party with Grandma Liz & Grandpa Steve, allowing Jake & I our first weekend home alone since she was born! It was weird not having her here climbing up my leg, asking me to wipe her tush or demanding, "MILKY, I WANT MILLLLLLLLLKY!!!". Sometimes it was even lonely as I am not used to be being able to do whatever I want whenever I want. I missed her lots, but it was very nice to decompress!

On Friday we slept in, went to yoga, mopped the floors, organized toys & toddler clothes all before joining friends Joel & Rachael and Marie, Josh, Laruen & Greta at Brasa for a very yummy meal! If you have not been, go. We had a pleasant surprise running into the elusive Katie, Jeff & adorable Anna which gave me a chance to work out some of my built-up (s)mothering on poor Anna. After supper, we went back to put the little girls to bed and stayed up late talking and laughing. A whole new meaning to the expression "the writing is on the wall" was created when Jake used it and Joel inquired "Oh, they put in on Facebook"? Not exactly.

On Saturday we worked out, got groceries, cleaned, napped, and then grabbed our passports and hopped a private jet to exotic Stillwater for some fine cuisine at Marx Fusion Bistro (Angie Mc, I picked up some souvenirs for you)! Of course we talked about our feelings and contemplated the meaning of life, too.

Sunday brought another chance to sleep in, help at Bloom, and then the return of Ms. McBootie, just in time for a fruitless attempt at a nap. After the Twins game the whole Seltz fam, plus Mallory, came back over along with special guest of honor, Dom Decker. During a fiesta on the porch, we recounted the trials of Tuffy (from The Berenstain Bears and The Bully) who beats up Sister. Later, we learn that Tuffy is aggressive only because "she is a cub who gets hit a lot at home" and later has to "visit the school psychologist twice a week for quite a while". Leave to Stan & Jan to address the tough issues.

3 comments:

Sabrina said...

Dominic was there!?!?!!? AH Man, I am jealous!

BA in English said...

still laughing about tuffy and the questions concerning not only her parental abuse, but also her supposed transsexualism. LOVE IT.

bluecollardaughter said...

3 whole childless days and nights! That's like a month in the south of France in (childless) human years! Tomorrow Steve and I are getting 3 *hours* midday without lads, and we were excited about THAT, shah. (BY&M:no yoga for us, but we do plan to eat nachos and watch the new Temple Grandin movie--and possibly wear mumus).