December 26, 2009

Merry Christmas!

We survived the storm (oh and the weather, too) in Winona! We came home to 2 feet of icy snow in the driveway which took Jake 3 hours to clear but everyone is safe and warm now. Nor didn't sleep very well this weekend so she just had a bath, put on her new ballerina pjs and is now in bed crying for "Mommy Bobby!!!". Jake & I are making a pizza and super excited start Season 3 of Dexter and commence 9 days off (me at least) of leisure and relaxing at home,- do not disturb!

How were your holidays? Here's a recap of my baby's 2nd Christmas...

Nori's diet this weekend mirrored mine, only consuming chocolate dipped pretzels and biscotti

After a day of playing in the snow which later turned to slush and snacking on home baked goods ( fruit was outlawed this year), on Christmas Eve we went to church to celebrate Jesus's birth and play with raccoon stickers. We enjoyed a delicious spoon roast, garlic mashed potatoes, and Parker House rolls made by Liz ( one of many meals she made this weekend, she must be ex.haust.ed!). Norelle receive great gifts from the Seltz family like from Auntie Elle who got her a barn set, the only non-fair-trade gift she bought this year and Funcle Char who hit a home run with the Dora lunch box & DVD combo. Not that Christmas is about the presents, but really, it's slightly about the presents. Nori had fun preparing for Santa who found us in Winona, thankfully!

Just showing how nice she really was
testing the snacks for Santa & the reindeer
She enjoyed "hiding" in this box

Christmas Day was at my Papa's house (actually, my mom lives there too but I still call it Papa's) with a traditional Hengel big brunch made up of 14 egg dishes, one per person. Many more gifts were exchanged (hello awesome long down coat and Mr. Potato Head), a family nap was taken, and pot roast was eaten for dinner. Also, a world record was set for loudest television volume at a family event.

Awesome Princess tent now the inspiration piece for my new living decor

Thank you to everyone who came to be together, generously gave gifts, baked, cleaned, washed dishes, hosted, tolerated, mostly avoided offensive comments, and otherwise gave of yourselves over this holiday time. We are lucky to have all of our family members and we love you all (except you, you know why).

Love,
T.McB & family

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love you Megan,Jake...and sweet sweet Nori. I was so happy to be able to spend some time with you, which is way too few and far in between for my liking. Hope to see you again very soon Bobbys! All my love... Auntie Wendy Bobby

jodilee0123 said...

I don't know. . .I think we would give you a run for your money on the loudest TV at a family gathering. I can barely hear anymore!

bluecollardaughter said...

You may have had the loudest teevee, but did you have the loudest *family*??? Methinks, no. Xmas Eve at Uncle Noony's house I found Toe benched alone on the icy cold porch hugging his new Ni Hao Kai Lan. When I asked what up, he said, "Mommy, I needed to fly away from the screaming!"
MERRY CHRISTMAS (as if by White Snake)