August 14, 2009

True story

I'm in Winona helping someone clean out her van for a move tomorrow. You know that you have the clean out the van before you can more cram more stuff into it, right? Oh, you didn't know that either?

Here's what I found:
  • 3 pairs of pliers
  • 9 pairs of glasses (3 sun, 6 "cheaters")
  • 2 chain saws
  • orange extension cord
  • leaf blower
  • 2 canes (plus spare pack of cane tips)
  • gallon of bleach
  • 4 back support cushions
  • white lace doily
  • 5 coats or sweatshirts
  • box of garbage bags
  • quilt in dry cleaning bag
  • florist supplies for weddings
  • 2 ice scrapers
  • measuring tape and a yard stick
  • 3 boxes of glass vases, various sizes
  • beach towel
  • dress sandals
  • 5 umbrellas
  • khaki pants
  • mouse trap
  • 3 pack of fuses
  • winter boots
  • dog treats, unopened
  • cassette tapes
  • green rabbit's foot
  • Snuggle dryer sheets key chain
  • black winter scarf & hat
  • 10 gift bags
  • roasting pan
  • stock pot
  • Christmas lights (new in box)
  • 10 books, various titles, 2 on O.J. Simpson
  • a "grabber"
  • new roll of wrapping paper
  • 2 Christmas gifts, unopened for Grandma Sylvia
  • Fall colored silk flowers and decorative leaves
  • broom (for snow, when scrapers fail?)
  • medical records and personal papers
  • misc. pennies, gum, paper clip, lint and leaves
  • Missing: the second row of seats?
I would like to state that I passed up the following invitations this weekend: an entire weekend at the cabin on the lake with Ho's & McIntyres, Susie's bachelorette party on Lake Minnetonka, and a pre-Peru BBQ party. Nominations for Daughter of the Year welcome.

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Maybe she already had the van packed to move? You never know when you may need that stuff!

bluecollardaughter said...

OMG! And I never use that phrase! I think what really gets me is the DOILIE. Or maybe it's the TWO chainsaws (to challenge a freind in an impomptu pickup game of log carving?)

Anonymous said...

You have my vote!

Anonymous Aunt Jill

Angie Mac said...

Did you find my mouth guard in there? I lost it back in 8th grade.

Anonymous said...

The other black glove perhaps? "If it fits you must convict!"

Anonymous Aunt Jill

Anonymous said...

No - she found the other black glove in her mothers' sisters office. YOU HAVE MY VOTE!