Really good books ONLY. I am going to be spending somewhere in the neighborhood of 14+ hours in the Miami airport with layovers so I need to be mesmerized. Wizards and vampires need not apply. Help!
“The Last Lion” by William Manchester (first 2 volumes of what ultimately will be a 3 volume bio of Churchill)
Robert Caro’s Life & Times of Lyndon Johnson (Path to Power, Means of Ascent, Master of the Senate – the first 3 volumes of what will eventually be a 5-volume work). The first two volumes read like fiction.
Ron Chernow’s bios of Alexander Hamilton, JP Morgan (House of Morgan) and Rockefeller (Titan)
“John Marshall, Definer of a Nation” and “Grant” by Jean Edward Smith. I hope to soon read his new book on FDR.
3 comments:
I am reading The Time Traveler's Wife right now, It's pretty good!
I always recommend Garden Spells by Sarah Addison Allen... It's a light, easy read... no wizards, don't be fooled by the title!
“The Last Lion” by William Manchester (first 2 volumes of what ultimately will be a 3 volume bio of Churchill)
Robert Caro’s Life & Times of Lyndon Johnson (Path to Power, Means of Ascent, Master of the Senate – the first 3 volumes of what will eventually be a 5-volume work). The first two volumes read like fiction.
Ron Chernow’s bios of Alexander Hamilton, JP Morgan (House of Morgan) and Rockefeller (Titan)
“John Marshall, Definer of a Nation” and “Grant” by Jean Edward Smith. I hope to soon read his new book on FDR.
A boy wrote that!
Post a Comment