August 17, 2009

My shoes in the news

I have to agree with this article on CNN that MBTs do NOT replace going to the gym, just ask my buns. And hips. The only reason I wear these shoes is because they are so fashionable, er scratch that, is because I have foot issues and need the rocker sole to redistribute pressure along my "insensate, high, rigid-arched" foot.

I have seen Dr. Paul Langer (quoted in this article) and every other podiatrist/foot specialist in the Twin Cities. In my experience, the podiatrists mainly prescribe pricey, custom orthodics or give cortisone shots but the specialists who actually helped me heal (heel?) include a chiro who did transverse friction massage to break up the scar tissue on my plantar fascias, a foot surgeon who diagnosed my Complex Regional Pain Syndrome, the pain clinic who performed the lumbar sympathetic blocks and then a D.O. who helped me find the rocker bottom soles. And my main man God, who kept me semi-sane and led me to the right people!

I am thankful everyday to be back on my feet and (mostly) pain-free!!

2 comments:

BlueCollar Daughter said...

Remember when we were "Blue Gals?" Hooray if the D.O. Dr. Marie-Christine... after Jesus and my 3 men, she is the love of my life, that pain-preventing genius!

Sabrina said...

I'm so thankful for good doctors and chiropractors! Both you and kelly are my heroes!!!