March 12, 2009

Whales, hockey and more...

As you may know, I pretty much exclusively have terrible dreams especially reoccurring ones about whales. Ever since we saw humpbacks in Hawaii (which was so awesome), I oft dream about them. Usually they are drowning someone or eating them with their big, biscuity bodies and necks full of barnacles. Last night, I dreamt that as we were watching the whales beach themselves, a reverse tsunami struck sucking my brother Casey out to sea. It was horrific and I woke myself up exhausted from crying & grieving for him. Freud?

Today is Jake' annual Hooky Hockey Day where he and bunch of WF co-workers take the day off to play. They have breakfast at the Louisiana Cafe, then a quick stop for a Bloody Mary, then straight to lunch for Coney Islands at the Gopher Bar before heading to the hockey tournament for few hours to work up an appetite for steaks at Mancini's. And you said those suits don't know how to have fun.

So tonight I think my baby girl & I will hit the town as well. Maybe a little Red Balloon Bookstore and then a girls dinner out at D'Amicos? Who knows, we might have time for mom & baby pedis at Juut? BTB, the walking is very rare, she prefers to crawl but has started saying "neat" in addition to "cool" and "oh, wow". Hopefully, she will learn a noun someday.

4 comments:

jodilee0123 said...

I will be thinking of your fun evening while I am working--sweating off the umpteen million gourmet cookies that I've eaten from Sam's! Some Friday when it warms up. . . we will have to get together!

Melissa Ho said...

You can come hang out with the Ho girls!

...sensible of shoe said...

Yours truly got invited to Mancini's! I think it had more do with Norelle than me but it was fun nonetheless!

Sabrina said...

Im confused? When does the hockey come in? Sounds like all they do is eat?