March 29, 2008

Tiki Mammas

I'm back. Whew, what a week... I have hard time wanting to write when I am tired, stressed or sad and I was all of three due to my upcoming return work, constant plans, travel, company, party prep, etc. But it's all good and we had a busy final week at home, did some shopping, took some naps and shopped way too much for dumb stuff like paper plates or sesame seeds. Anyhoo, most of the work is done for the baptism tomorrow and we are just hoping for a peaceful day for all filled with God's love & grace.

I went to a rocking Tiki Mammas party last night at my neighbor Jill's house. My neighbors are known for hosting theme parties so it's super fun and helps me get to know all the people in my neighborhood, many of whom to go my church. We enjoyed Tiki drinks, lots of apps and good conversation. I'm lucky to live near such cool people and to actually have a small little community in the midst of a big city. We had to write on our name tags what we would call our memoir so obvi I wrote"...sensible of shoe" but that is probably just my first memoir from like 25-35, and my later volumes will certainly have a new theme ala Augusten Burroughs. Jill's husband Eric is an artist and I got to see some of the work in his studio...it's out there! Lots of glitter and highlighter but apparently a huge hit in NY where his shows sell out.

2 comments:

Sabrina said...

If you like tiki themes, we should go to Psycho Suzi's some night!

Anonymous said...

ah, psycho suzi's has been on my list of things to do for the last 4 years! the one time we truly tried, we got lost due to road construction and ended up driving around hopelessly lost for hours. but i WILL get there someday!