February 10, 2013

still here


Nori's lunch: Fifty Shades of Orange

You know how I always complain about my problems and then say, "send cookie dough"? Well, it actually happened! My best girls from back in the day sent me a care package with all the must haves: lotion for dry old lady hands, magazines, cookies & dark chocolate, purple nail polish (a favorite of  the pre-K crowd), games, gift cards as well as other treats. Quit being so nice everyone! Thank you Susie, Ann, Chelsy, Jill, Katie, Stace, Erin and Kristi ( at least four of which are pregnant, btb!)! You made my day!

don't mind if I do
Hen enjoys the Super Bowl Party


My mom came to visit! I was desperately overdue for some Holly time since I have barely seen her since Thanksgiving. I wish she could have stayed longer to take care of  me and all of  my responsibilities while I hid in bed, but the snowstorm forced her home early. Come back soon, Mom!


signing Valentines with Gramsie Holly
Harley is jealous

never too young to start the flashcard drills

Henny has found her words! She can repeat anything and is talking in short sentences. She is also full of love- she came over to me, pulled my shirt off my shoulder, gave my shoulder a big smooch and said,  "I love you".  My first unsolicited I love you!  She loves to make up and sing her own songs too including future Top 40 hits, That My Baby and Pajamas! Sleep!  Nori is gearing up for Valentine's Day at school and told her dad, "we are making cupcakes for someone very special, but I can't tell you who...".  We are 37 out of 42 on the waitlist for Yinghua Chinese Immersion so I guess that is out, but I have a good feeling about the Twin Cities German Immersion lottery on Friday. C'mon, no whammy!

how do you get dry erase marker out of your couch fabric?


My dad is doing well this week! He seems to be back on track with his meds, hopefully we have a  better system down that will keep him independent a while longer. He is getting set up with an in-home health care program for people with chronic illnesses and I hope to have meals start coming this week. He has agreed to move in with us when the time comes (we have been begging for months). We might set up the Bill Palbicki Suite in our basement so that he can start staying here if he has a confused spell. We met with Dr. Blaes on Friday and she explained more about the liver condition - the cancer is not in his liver but has caused a clot in his portal vein which is making his liver wonky. A wonky liver leads to confusion, sleepiness or worse if meds are not taken correctly.  He is likely going to hold off on chemo until after our cruise since the cruise is very important to him (chemo is not curative anyway and may cause more complications with his liver, infection, and ability to live alone). There was lots of other DRAMA this week, but I am trying to keep my ulcer at bay by letting go of the negative. It's really too bad I don't drink because it would be a double martini  day everyday.  I have set up a website to coordinate help from friends & neighbors so hopefully that will help keep him happy and safe at home.


big sister

little sister

double espresso

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi babe... Sorry the visit was cut so short, but the two worry-warts were a little panicky. I will be back up when Jake is gone to help you out. (let me know the dates). I will come up whenever you need me. I hope your Dad is able to stay in his own house as long as it's not an inconvenience to you guys having to run over there, and hope it's also an easy transition when he does come into your house. I loved seeing you guys this weekend, and I can't let that much time go by between visits. The only thing is that you and I had no time together to just do our stuff... you know what I mean... next time we will. At least time for a visit to Cafe' Latte', ok? The girls can come along and we will make it our special "Girls on the Go" time...something we could do every time I come up if we can. Anyway, it was fun. Thank Jake for me again...he is such a great guy. I love you all. Mom














Sabrina said...

Your mom is so cute with her little messages. :)
I wish I lived closer to your dad, I would make him lots of Sabro goodness meals.
We say prayers for him lots.