| old toys become new again |
I am sitting here with my mom who is making us watch E! a mere five hours before the Oscars actually start. Guilanna and Ryan aren't even there yet!! See where I get my celebrity "news" knowledge from? Jake left for San Francisco today so my mom is here to help out and in case you are wondering yes, I am scared to be alone with my girls.
All is swell here! We enjoyed ourselves this weekend, streaking around our new basement in joy! We had friends over for dinner, visited my dad, went to Lo Lo's 1st ever swim meet, had lots of quality family dancing time, practiced Sunday morning yoga & coffee with Missy, and packed for our upcoming vacation. First up is the Most Awkward Road Trip Ever to Iowa for Casey's graduate recital on Friday. He owes me so bad.
Did I tell you I went to a geneticist for my genes? She says my family history is suspicious with 4 cases of pancreatic cancer, but not definitive for familial pancreatic cancer syndrome since I need two 1st degree relatives with it and /or clusters of breast, ovarian, or colon cancer. Neat. Go stem cell research. I am trying to be even more diligent about eating lots of veggies & fruits, avoiding charred meat and processed foods, using chemical-free products, and exercising. I may be screwed anyway, but I might as well try not to die. Unfortunately, God does not want me to do cardio. Ever since I hurt I my feet, I have struggled to find ways to get my heart pumping. Running is out but biking and deep water running worked for awhile until I blew my back out having a (wonderful, much-wanted) baby and once that healed, bursitis set in. Next time you want to skip that run, do it in honor of me and my failing parts.
Okay, one quick tip.... you need to make this recipe today, it is so tasty!
Crispy Gnocchi with Brussels Sprouts and Peas
Serves4-6
30 minutes or fewer
These gnocchi (Italian potato dumplings) are crisped in the
pan directly from the freezer, completely eliminating the need to boil them
first. The result is a consistency that’s something between pasta and a
pan-fried dumpling. For a little extra crunch and protein, add a handful of
toasted nuts to the dish.
·
2 Tbs. butter
·
1 16-oz. package frozen gnocchi (I didn’t use frozen – I bought gnocchi from Trader Joe’s that’s just
off the shelf at room temperature)
·
2 tsp. olive oil
·
1 cup peas (I
used frozen)
·
8 oz. Brussels sprouts, thinly sliced crosswise (3
cups)
·
¼ cup shaved Parmesan
1. Heat butter
in a nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add gnocchi, and cook 4 to 5
minutes, turning often, until browned. Transfer to large bowl.
2. Pour olive
oil into pan, and add Brussels sprouts. Saute 5 to 7 minutes, or until sprouts
are crisp-tender. Add peas and garlic, and cook 1-2 minutes more.
3. Return
gnocchi to pan, and sauté 2 minutes, or until warmed through.
4. Garnish
with Parmesan
Love,
Megan
| Jake with a pony tail |
| happy in Momma's fleece |
| she knows how to throw a party! |
| friends! |
| The Royal Ball |
| this pose was her idea |
No comments:
Post a Comment