 |
| dancing with Daddy to music not appropriate for children |
Just got back from watching the marathon which has become a fall
tradition. It brings back lots of vivid memories like when Jake ran it
in 2004 (the year, not hours), in '07 hot & humid, avoiding families
with babies since it fell on the day after our failed adoption (thank
you, God!!!), Nori's 1st time spectating in '08, my first wave of pregnancy
nausea which hit during the marathon in '10, last year when Jake took
the girls alone so I could sleep, and this year watching both my little
girls dancing to the tunes courtesy of Macalester DJ Club. Like
everyone else who watches, I wonder if I could do it and sometimes
get sad that I have been dealing with different injuries/ailments for so
many years that prevent me from being me as active as I would like to
be. If dealing with chronic injuries was a sport ( ice, PT, Aleve, rest,
acupuncture, doctor appointment, call insurance company, whine), I would win
first prize, suckers.
 |
| cutest one year old in town |
 |
| future marathoner? |
 |
| G&G are in town working on their new house |
 |
| trying to break in the fridge to look for "something cold for our tongues" |
It is the month of unexpected expenses as we had buy and install a
new dishwasher, have major repairs on the Accord, take Dorth in to the
vet again, and our boiler broke down and got red-tagged. Luckily, we have 4 space
heaters and are no strangers to frosty temps indoors. Yet, fun was had this
week with dance, Kinderflips, 8 hours of hard work which resulted in a
clean basement ready for construction, a visit with Nicole & Owen,
lots of new hand-me-down toys/clothes from Cousin Mekensie, and visits
from Papa Bill and Grandma & Grandpa.
 |
| Me? Oh nothing, just watching the Octonauts while eating a sandy and wearing a cloth diaper. |
 |
| She has her father's nostrils |
The girls have been priceless lately, loving and fighting like it's
their job. Henny is smart as can be and has become a real cling-on
whenever I am around. She asserts her needs and gets what she wants,
even if Nori has it. Nori's imagination can entertain her for hours, but
most games focus on love, mommies &babies and even little
sisters.
 |
| work it |
 |
| Seltz Girls 2012 |
 |
| memorable fall moments |
 |
| happier times |
| | |
|
P.S. I caved and bought my first pair of skinny jeans. In related news, I also bought my first pair of Spanx. Jake & I are looking forward to a trip to Oregon in less than two weeks to whoop it up West coast style which probably consists of daily lattes, nature hikes, dinners out, and early bedtimes. At least that is what "whoop it up West coast style" means to me, Wikipedia may not agree.
2 comments:
We had so much fun visiting you this weekend! Hope to see you all again soon.
I love the picture of Henny in the purple coat and dog hat! Also Nori is adorable in the one with Henley crying. You've got some cute kids!
Nicole and Oboe
You are running away to Oregon? Where are you hiding the babies at? I hope they are coming down to W to visit us here...are they? Or are you going to lock them in the basement again for the weekend with lots of candy and tv to keep them so busy that they don't even know you are gone? Heck, they might think they are on vacation!!! Just kidding...but what is the real plan?
Love , Mom
Post a Comment