It's tradition to go to an apple orchard or pumpkin patch every fall, right? So we do, creating memories and snapping photos. Today I remebered that when I was a kid, my mom always added one other stop on the fall foliage tour: the cemetery. She calls it "grave stomping" and to this day recommends it a something fun to do. We were not visiting any grave in particular, just loitering over the deceased (RIP) because of the pretty leaves there. We have lots of family photos of my mom, brother, and I perched on someone's final resting place. I actually have no idea who took the photos, which is scary. I will try to dig one up (ha!) and scan it for your viewing pleasure.
We are getting excited for Halloween! I am helping out at the preschool party on Wednesday, in part so I can check out Robby who Nori says she is "going to marry". Apparently, he is really small and laughs really weirdly, she finds it charming. She wants to say "I love you" in sign language to him, but she is too embarrassed. I suggested she wait on the romance and learn how to write all her letters first. Tomorrow we are going to carve pumpkins - stay tuned for pumpkins that look more or less exactly like the ones last year!
 |
| we are not up there |
 |
| Nori might make a run for it... |
 |
| apple princess |
 |
| she enjoyed feeding hay to the goats...and a little pug dog |
 |
| girls and goats |
 |
| who is supervising this kid? |
 |
| Happy Henny |
No comments:
Post a Comment