February 04, 2012

easy peasy

best friends

I now am 34! Thanks to everyone for the birthday wishes! I enjoyed a normal work day and relaxing evening home with my family, plus lots of supplemental celebrating like a Friday night at Masa with my one-armed BFF, Frieda. Jake did lots of research and bought me an awesome D-SLR camera which I do not yet know how to use. I already requested" Digital Cameras for Dummies" from the library so forgive me in advance if try to get artsy on you. It was a great, low-key birthday.

I really enjoyed my girls this week, both were happy and super snugly! Henny loves to be tickled and giggle. She is big enough to ride in the front of the cart at Target now and loves it. She has only been getting up 1x per night and taking longer naps (Dear God, may this trend continue). Nori loves to laugh way too loudly whenever she thinks something is funny. She is really into the movie Dumbo, so I just ignore the parts where the mouse get drunks and crows smoke cigars. She is super excited to meet Chompu, our friends Kyle & Kelly's daughter (just home from Thailand) but Nori is practicing being patient until Chompu is ready for visitors.

We finally hired a new nanny, her name is Marcia, she starts in April just before Nicole has her baby. Jake & I are working on our movie bucket list having recently watched Friends With Benefits, and it's twin, No String Attached, Moneyball, The Kids Are All Right, 127 Hours, Bridesmaids, Crazy, Stupid Love, Man on Wire, and Date Night. Also, Jake is a domestic hunk, cleaning and cooking like a fiend. Yesterday, he spent 3 hours making lasagna from scratch. We invited Casey & Aunt Jemima over to help us eat it all. We also had a visit from Papa Bill on Friday and Grandma & Grandpa today who were in town to take Nori to the Lion King. Tonight we attended a wild Super Bowl Party where not one but two people ended up in nothing but their underwear.

scavenger

snow bunnies

despises peas

requests "parm" on everything

goofballs

No nap Nori

My good napper

her favorite toy

Uncle Bald Eagle is 31!

She writes her name now

Sharing Evil-Lyn from He-Man fame

Date with Grandma!

2 comments:

K and/or K said...

We are excited for Chompu to meet your family as well!!! Hopefully soon. I hope you like your camera, I got a new one recently and I am in LOVE!

Happy belated birthday to you!

:-) Kelly

Sabrina said...

Cute pics! Everett is still waiting to meet Henley.