Some people get an extra hour of sleep. Some people just get an extra hour. No matter, it was a great morning for a hike which is what we had planned. By hike I mean a normal walk near nature. However, we could not get our act together so instead of finding a nature preserve we just walked around the neighborhood like we do everyday. Only Nori told people we passed "we are on a hike!". City girl. We were going to devote the whole day to our dog: Dorothy's Special Day! But, we kinda let that slip by. So next week Dorothy with have her special day complete with dog park visit, dress up, and homemade dog biscuits...if we remember.
Ajana & Baby Adira came to visit this weekend! Adira is just like Ajana, she wants to be moving and entertained all the time. It was fun to finally get the babies together and catch up with Jana. Adira, like Henley, is just learning to soothe herself to sleep but unlike Henley, she already gets to eat pureed spinach. I realized just how chill my baby is and I am grateful she is so easy. My dad also stopped by after chemo for his weekly visit with the girls. The one good thing about cancer is that it brings him into my neighborhood much more often. The one bad thing is it's cancer.
Norelle continues to be the most nurturing, loving big sister. Every morning when I bring the baby in to her room she says "Oh, it's the Foosemeister!" in a high squeaky voice, followed by hugs and kisses. When we meet new people she brags, "This is my baby, look at her cute little foot". Henley loves her back with lots of smiles. In fact, we can not make her stop smiling...it's her favorite. They love to cuddle although sometimes big sister gets a little rough, straddling the baby and tickling her can lead to an elbow to the head. Good thing I am so busy on Pinterest I don't even notice. 90% of the time my kids are amazing, the other 10% I try to repress.
Finally, Jake survived earnings season yet again but has not been feeling to well for months in the tummy region so he heads to the doctor this week. I think I scared him into going, never Google symptoms. We are happy to have him back from the grips of Wall Street. We are looking forward to many fun events in November from hosting Thanksgiving, family photos, Purple Light Vigil, visiting Austin and Winona, but best of all we can't wait for one solid night sleep at a hotel while G & G Seltz babysit.
No comments:
Post a Comment