June 05, 2011

Family of Four

first walk

This has been the fastest week of my entire life! Jake goes back to work on Monday which makes me want to cry, only because we have so enjoyed having all this family time! Do you ever wish you could just freeze time because if I could I would freeze it now: new baby, husband home, summer weather, and three months off!

sisters

We are adjusting to our addition. Mainly we change diapers, make meals, wash dishes, do laundry, nurse, and repeat. Luckily, we have had lots of help in the form of delivered meals from family & friends and babysitting courtesy of our summer babysitter, Becca, who comes three mornings a week to play with our first born. So far, so good!

snuggle bug

Our first few nights at home were really rough with our baby awake ALL night crying and nursing. In hindsight, I wish I would have given her a tiny bottle of formula to tide her over as it took a while for the good stuff to come in, but now we are nursing well and she is no longer starving. Breastfeeding is not easy although it is easier than I expected. She has been sleeping much better, only waking to eat and for short periods to look around. Laying on her back in the pack-n-play is not her cup of tea so she sleeps in her car seat at night. Sure, I worry about her being outside in the car all by herself, but don't worry, I lock the doors. At her check-up we learned she has lost 12 ounces weighing in at 5 lbs 8 oz, only ranking in 3% for height and weight. Guess we make 'em small.

Things you should know about Henley:
  • every diaper is a poopy diaper
  • she has tear shaped birthmark on her tush
  • she loves to cuddle, sleeping great when snuggled
  • Nori has lovingly nicknamed her Baby Foosie (which evolved from baby fussy)
I made this!

I made this, too!

one lump or two?

"MY baby is a stinkbug" is the first thing Nori tells all of our visitors. Other quotable quotes include her telling Henley" I am so glad you are here", "I love MY baby sister so much", "where is MY baby?" and "what is MY baby doing?". Obviously. Nori is amazingly loving and she has become more independent that I ever expected! She has been keeping occupied playing tea party and killing ants. Her listening skills have been on the decline like when she ran away in the Costco parking lot, so we are implementing a new sticker chart to try reinforce her for good listening. Oh child!

she was looking for Charlotte and Wilbur

Our first official family outing was to Grand Old Day today. Nori got a a tattoo that says READ, we listened to a fun children's band, fed the farm animals, and shared a iced lemonade. Next year I plan to go shirtless to show off my rad tattoos. Note to self: get tattoos.

Foosie

There is no free time around here so this blog is going to suffer. Feel free to start at the beginning if you are desperate for reading material and let me know when you get caught up.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Incredible! Yes, you made her but you did have help...give Jake his due! Can't wait to see you all again!

Love,

Anonymous Aunt Jill

Anonymous said...

I miss all four (five...Dorothy) too. I cannot wait to snuggle my girls even if I have to read The Lion King for the millionth time...it will be worth it. Hang in there, momma, it gets easier.

Love, Mom

Sabrina said...

everett & henley are soul mates! Poopy diaper every time! Rock On!

Anonymous said...

Your children are very lucky to have you and Jake as their parents. What a beautiful family!

Aunt Tracy

bluecollardaughter said...

I'll always remember Dr. Sick saying of my distressed complaint that newborn Roo had 12 poopies a day: "That's normal. The high side of normal."

Enjoy your high side of normal--glad you are all well, despite the stinky!