June 19, 2011

remember me?

deliriously tired but smiling

Where to begin? Life has changed and I am trying to keep up! The past two work weeks I have been on my own with the girls trying to figure out how to do things like play "hockey golf" on the floor (you know, the game with two straws and a heart decal as puck/ball) while simultaneously breastfeeding a newborn. The days are equal parts joy and pain. I think I will look back upon on this as a time of major adjustment. Keeping my girls alive, fed, and loved is all I can manage right now, forget real meals, showers, and cleaning house. Survival mode! Overall, we are doing really well but it is a daunting effort. Hopefully, I will get the hang of it and a lazy day at home will soon feel less like an Iron Man. That said, I do love being a mom and the hard work is so worth it!

pink ladies

aren't they cute together?

We have been to three graduation parties, the library, the doctor, a playdate, on numerous Target runs and this weekend we took a road trip to Winona for the Steamboat Days parade. Pretty good, huh? This week Nori starts her Tumble Bees class & Me Gusta Espanol classes and my mom is coming to help out. Coming up we have a Twins game and then a trip to the cabin so I better pace myself.

sleepy head

Henley is eating and sleeping well for a newborn. She will sometimes go 3 hours in between feedings which is more than I can say for myself. Nori has been very patient and calm in the midst of all this change and I am so proud of her. How did I end up with two perfect girls? I am so lucky to have them! They are lucky to have me too, I remind them of this fact often.

Family's 1st parade

Finally, Happy Father's Day to all the dads in our life. We love and appreciate you all!

Jake
Grandpa Steve

Papa Bill

Papa Michael

3 comments:

Sabrina said...

Hang in there! Overall it sounds like you are a doing a great job! :)

Anonymous said...

Grandpa Steve looks SCARY in that photo! Granted, he had probably been up since 5:30 playing with Norelle!!! Funny!

Stephanie G said...

Just got all caught up on your blog, and it made me so happy to see your beautiful, happy, sleep-deprived family! The breast milk picture and caption is too funny, because it's so true! Don't you just feel so proud that you can produce food! Some days I felt that way, other days I just felt like a cow. I can SO relate to having two small girls at home. Gosh, that was one of the most exhausting and amazing times in life ever! I felt tired just looking at you and remembering. You're doing awesome!!