May 17, 2011

on ice

Sorry I have been such a whiner, but you must admit I am so good at it! I am officially on short-term disability for the next week or two until my back settles down. They say I have sacroiliac joint inflammation due to the relaxin hormone released during pregnancy. Basically, the joint between my left hip bone and my tailbone is really loose, inflamed, and painful.

Signs and Symptoms of SI Joint Pain

Women with sacroiliac joint problems describe a sharp, stabbing pain felt in the lower back or hip during weight bearing activities. It may feel like one leg suddenly "goes out" when walking and makes it impossible to go on without limping. CHECK!

Activities that cause sharp back pain include:

  • climbing stairs CHECK!
  • rolling over in bed CHECK!
  • walking CHECK!
  • getting up from a sitting position CHECK!
  • sitting down from a standing position CHECK!
  • jogging or running (even for just a few seconds,) N/A
  • getting into and out of the car CHECK!
So now you know. Send organic raspberries!

5 comments:

Sabrina said...

UGH!!!! I had very similiar pain!! It has gone away since having the baby... so maybe you could pop the baby out sooner??? Take care!

Erin Turpin said...

ouch! sorry to hear megan! try to get some rest! if there is anything i can do, please let me know :) love, e

jodilee0123 said...

Ick! I hope you feel better soon. You probably can't rest very well either. Hang in there!

Anonymous said...

I love you... does that help? Raspberries on the way...

Mom

Anonymous said...

I'm sorry Meg! This is the time to sleep sleep sleep! Even if it hurts :)

Love you.

Tracy