July 13, 2010

Up North

Day 3 at the cabin on Rock Lake, it's cloudy and cool but I discovered this new coffee shop, The Shante, with Wi-Fi. Yes, I quit coffee but I did not quit decaf non-fat lattes on cool days. The rest of the crew is having another big breakfast of carbs and syrup but a dainty little thing like myself just prefers organic fruit and purified air.

So far, so fun! Nori is so brave, she hopped right in off the dock to Jake and swam in the "deepy deepy" and she hopped off the boat in the middle of lake. "I'm not scared", she said.


Yesterday was gorg, lots of sun and blue skies. On our first day Liz made free-range chicken on the grill with a green salad, last night Ellen made eggplant parmigiana and fettuccine alfredo, and tonight Jake is making ribs. We had a nice bike ride too and some swimming. Ahhh...





Charlie is arriving today and we have a big prank to play on him hence, I won't schedule this post to publish until after I know he will be here so he won't see it. The prank will pit some of Charlie's favorite things against each other: beer and babes versus a quiet lake. Uncle Doug's cabin, three doors down, burned down years ago but now is being renovated. We are going to tell Charlie that they are turning it into a topless sports bar called Rock Solid with huge LED televisions on the dock so you can drink and watch TV from your boat. You can even see the new party deck they put in! The neighbors are protesting and had a huge "float in" rally on the lake yesterday, voicing their opposition. Then, we are going to make some signs and hang them on the road that say "Keep our lake PG-13" and "No boobs, just inner tubes". Well, we don't really have our slogans down yet but that's the plan. Do you think he will buy it? Stay tuned...



3 comments:

Sabrina said...

Looks like so much fun! I need a cabin!

Anonymous said...

Awwwww... you guys look like you are having alot of fun. Relax and enjoy. I love you. Gramsie-Mom

Anonymous said...

WONDERFUL! I would buy it, so he should! right? (right?)

Tracy