May 28, 2009

Is this weird?

Not my actual dad because I am pretty sure he wears speedos in there

I was looking at a Father's Day ad and it suggested buying your dad a canteen as the ultimate gift. This prompted me to a) laugh and b) think about what my dad would actually like. All that I could come up with is tanning oil. My dad goes tanning. Weekly. He has for years. It's bad for you but he doesn't really care... he always looks like he just got off a cruise. So, to my original question: is this weird? And this one: how can I get him to stop?

5 comments:

K and/or K said...

It is unique indeed.

Can you tell him the charred cell smell is not the aroma for him?

Can you send him on a cruise every month?

Sabrina said...

Your dad and my dad should be BFFs!!! Im so not kidding. My dad doesnt go to the tanning booth weekly, but he spends so much time outdoors, and tries to get REALLY tan!
And then whenever he sees me he says, Am I really tan?
UGH!
It makes him happy... it makes me nervous!
Do we hold an intervention for them?
HELP!

Angie Mac said...

Is that a picture of Joe Mauer?

BTB, your survey should've had the following answer option: Yes, my dad rocks a particularly wicked farmer's tan.

jodilee0123 said...

hehe! Far too funny! Thanks for the chuckle!

ellen said...

i thought the picture was of jake at first...haha