May 07, 2009

Eltit (title backwards)

I remember the first time I ever heard the term "blog". It was described as an online dairy which seemed like an oxymoron because aren't diaries supposed to be private? Little did I know it would catch on and be the perfect way to simultaneously embarrass yourself and show off your bad spelling and punctuation skills to everyone who knows you!

Lots of action coming my way in the weeks to come. Tomorrow we head down to Winona to see our families, inter my Grandma Audrey's casket in the Rollingstone Cemetery, and celebrate Mother's Day with our moms! I already have a mental list going of everything I need to pack for Nori and it's getting longer every minute. If I forget her "baby" (a.k.a Curious George), she will not be happy. Then, I am wisely taking Monday off as special MOM's Day for myself! I hope to get some flowers for outside and do some planting. And cleaning and laundry and groceries.

Next weekend is the big baby shower for the Harringtons hosted by us Winona Girls so we have final preparations to do for that. I hope Katie doesn't mind when we surprise her by insisting she strip buck naked so we can all help do a cast of her belly at the shower. Then we can play that really fun game where she pre-enacts the birth, yelling at Jeff for getting her into this predicament and swearing up a storm like she usually does. Another big party on the agenda is the Palbicki Party we are hosting at the end of May. Us poor Pal.B's have had a rough year with the loss of Uncle Jim and then Uncle Knob's cancer diagnosis, so we are overdue for a get together to celebrate our Polish-ness. I asked my Grandma Sylvia to wear her Polish Heritage costume so we'll see if she is a true team player or not.

Also, we are having a blast planning our trip to Peru...look for a preview of our adventure in the days to come. Off to keep up on the latest in the Jon & Kate Plus 8 saga...

2 comments:

Sabrina said...

Have fun in Winona. What a great city!

Anonymous said...

I won't mind. Sounds like a typical Saturday morning gathering for me!!